Madre Grande Monastery
A Sacred site for healing, teaching, ceremony, and celebration
SCHEDULE AN EVENT
Searching for a place to hold your own classes, ceremony, or celebration? Madre Grande is an ideal location for events in a rustic and sacred natural environment.
Help us in our Mission of teaching and healing by making a donation, volunteering service, or buying merchandise from our store.
Due to the pandemic, all previously scheduled events, retreats, and gatherings have been indefinitely postponed or canceled. Please check back for further updates and changes.
Clear skies, the silent atmosphere of a secluded mountain valley, gardens and fields, hiking trails, surrounded by loving people with plenty of stress free doing to nourish all aspects of your being.
Temporary Guidelines And Restrictions
For Visiting Madre Grande Monastery
As of May 1st, 2020, Madre Grande Monastery will be opening our land for day-use and overnight camping retreats (two nights maximum), for one individual or household per day. Please follow the new guidelines and restrictions if you plan to visit. All of our existing rules and guidelines still apply. Please read our Guest Policybefore visiting.
1. Confirmed reservations are required. Please make specific arrangements via phone or online. Not all dates will be available, so make your reservations in advance. If you cancel, let us know as soon as possible so we can open the date for others.
2. Stay away from the buildings. Please do not approach or enter the Monk House or Sun Center. When you arrive, stop in front of the Monk House and honk your car horn. We will safely greet you and ask you to sign a Guest Registration form. You will have the exclusive use of the campground, outdoor ceremonial areas, and trails for the reserved time.
3. Be responsible. Please arrive in only one vehicle, and only with people in your immediate household. We will clean portions of the common areas (such as porta-potties, camp kitchen, and showers) between guests, but take your own precautions.
4. Make a donation. Please consider donating online (as a gift through Paypal) or drop off a contribution in the donation box set up in front of the house. We suggest a minimum donation of ten dollars per person for day use, and fifteen dollars per person for an overnight camping retreat. Your contributions are very much appreciated.
5. Enjoy yourself. Please relax. Breathe in, breathe out. Let Mother Earth comfort and heal you.
April 27- 30 #listeningto our Mother An #experiential Expedition on #madregrande Mountain Schedule and Program Subject to change and #spontaneousadventures inspiration. Thursday 4:00-10:00pm Early arrival, camping in main camping area. Friday 9:00am- Noon Welcome circle, sharing, orientation. Noon- 3:00pm Hike to Springs, then to mountain camp. 3:00 – 5:00 Hike to top of Madre Grande. 6:00 – 7:00 Group Dinner in mountain camp. 7:00 – 9:00 Sharing, drumming, singing, dancing. Saturday 8:00-9:00 a.m. Group breakfast. 9:00- 1:00pm Exploration and choosing of private camp space. 1:00- 2:00 Support circle and individual departures. 2:00- Monday 7:00am Private ceremony and experience. Sunday Private personal #communionwiththeGreatMother Monday 7:00-10:00 am Gather and breakfast at central camp. 10:00-11:00 Reunion circle and packing. 11:00-Noon Descend from mountain Noon- beyond Sharing and closing circle in camping area] Listening To Our Mother is a #newprogram at Madre Grande, and we are offering the entire weekend experience for a suggested donation of $100-$200. The program is limited to twelve participants, so please make a donation in advance to reserve your place. If you feel called to participate but can't afford the suggested donation, a scholarship to cover the cost may be available. Please contact us for information. www.madregrande.org 619-468-6869 Photo by Jonathan Altman